The DIBP recently released their Skilled Occupation List (SOL) for 2016-17. Despite speculation there have not been too many changes made to the 2015-2016 SOL.
The occupations added to the SOL from 1 July 2016 are:
- Orthotist or Prosthetist (ANZSCO 251912)
- Audiologist (ANZSCO 252711).
The occupations being removed from the SOL from 1 July 2016 are:
- Mining Engineer (Excluding Petroleum) (ANZSCO 233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (ANZSCO 233612)
- Metallurgist (ANZSCO 234912)
- Environmental Health Officer (ANZSCO 251311)
- Occupational Health and Safety Adviser (ANZSCO 251312)
- Dental Hygienist (ANZSCO 411211)
- Dental Prosthetist (ANZSCO 411212)
- Dental Technician (ANZSCO 411213)
- Dental Therapist (ANZSCO 411214).
The Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL) remain unchanged. For people considering immigration to Australia, if your application is not on the SOL then seeking employment or State Nomination is the next step.
If you would like to discuss your options please get in touch and look out for any announcements from the states & territories about their programs over the coming months.