Update: GSM visas update as at January 2021
Update: GSM visas update
Whilst Australia has continued to confirm its previously stated commitment to skilled migration, it is still yet to re-open fully.
Now we have entered a New Year we are hopefully we will start to see some subclass 189 visa invites issued this month.
If invites are issued it is likely to be for those in occupations on the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL). The 18 PMSOL occupations (ANZSCO code) are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Social Worker (272511)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
For applicants hoping to be invited for either the Subclass 190 & 491 visas state/territory nominated visa , the focus remains very much on applicants already in Australia. Unfortunately at present the options for offshore applicants are very limited. A current status for each state/territory is below.
- ACT – Remains closed to overseas applicants.
- QLD – Remains closed at present.
- NSW – The specific occupations referred to below will be posted on this blog shortly.
- Eligible applicants for the Subclass 190 must be invited to apply for NSW Nomination. They have to be onshore.
- Eligible applicants, including those offshore, for the Subclass 491 can apply to be nominated for NSW Nomination.
- NT – The program is suspended until further notice for all new applications.
- SA – Applications for state nominations for skilled migration are closed until further notice.
- TAS – Tasmanian Nominated Skilled Migration Program will reopen with updated requirements to general applications on 29 January 2021. There are some limited interim arrangements in place.
- VIC – The skilled visa program remains closed for offshore applicants.
- WA – The skilled visa program remains closed for offshore applicants.
If you would to discuss your options and/or register your interest for updates, please Contact Us.