Announcement – Limited options for Western Australia skilled migration
Limited Options for Western Australia state nominated skilled visas
Western Australia have announced their skilled migration occupation list (WASMOL).
As of 21 June, 2017 only 18 occupations can be applied for under the Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated (Subclass 190) visa and the Subclass 489 Skilled Regional (Provisional) (Subclass 489) state/territory nominated visa.
This is a significant reduction from previous WASMOL’s, where more than 100 occupations could be applied for.
Strict Criteria – including a 12 month contract of employment
Amongst various requirements, all applicants will be required to have a contract of employment for full-time employment for at least 12 months in the nominated or a closely related occupation.
2017 Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupation List (WASMOL)
- Sonographer – (251214)
- Orthoptist – (251412)
- Audiologist – (252711)
- General Practitioner – (253111)
- Gastroenterologist – (253316)
- Rheumatologist – (253323)
- Psychiatrist – (253411)
- Neurosurgeon – (253513)
- Otorhinolaryngologist – (253515)
- Vascular Surgeon – (253521)
- Obstetrician and Gynaecologist – (253013)
- Radiation Oncologist – (253918)
- Midwife – (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health) – (254413)
- Registered Nurse (Community Health) – (254414)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) – (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) – (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) – (254423)
Restricted opportunities for WA – What are your options?
The changes severely strict skilled migration opportunities for applicants who wish to migrate to Western Australia, and who aren’t eligible for a Subclass 189 Skilled Independent visa.
If you would like to discuss your options, for Western Australia or anywhere else, or you have any questions please Contact Us.