Engineers Australia – skills assessment update
Engineers Australia (EA) have announced a number of changes and updates recently. The below summarises these.
English Language tests – PTE Academic
From November 1st, 2017 skills assessment applicants can use PTE Academic test results to evidence their english language ability. Until this date only IELTS exams are accepted.
The minimum requirement for an applicant who undertakes the PTE Academic test is a score of 50 in each of the 4 modules – Listening, Writing, Reading and Speaking.
Washington Accord addition – another country added
Pakistan has been added to the list of approved countries under the Washington Accord. This means that qualifications completed from 2017 onwards will be accepted by Engineers Australia.
This brings the number of signatory countries to the Washington Accord to 19. These include:
* Australia * Canada * China * Chinese Taipei * Hong Kong * India * Ireland * Japan * Korea * Malaysia * New Zealand * Russia * Singapore * South Africa * Sri Lanka * Turkey * United States * United Kingdom * Pakistan
Engineering Registration Overseas
If an applicant for a skills Assessment has been practicing in a country where Engineering is a regulated profession, such as Pakistan or the Philippines, they must include evidence of registration in the application.
The current waiting times skills assessments applications are:
- Australian Qualifications And Accords Qualifications Assessment: 6 weeks
- Australian Qualifications And Accords Qualifications Assessment with Fast Track: 15 working days
- Competency Demonstration Report: 6 weeks
- Competency Demonstration Report with Fast Track: 15 working days
If you have any questions about how this effects you eligibility and your visa options please Contact Us.