Details of the potential changes to the Australian Skilled Occupation List (SOL) have recently been made public. The occupations detailed, collated by the Department of Education and presented to the Department of Immigration & Border Patrol (DIBP), are those that are likely to be deemed in demand in the coming years. The occupations are detailed below.
Of particular interest, and in line with the recent Deloitte Access Economics and Australian Computer Society (ACS) report is the POTENTIAL addition of some new IT occupations to the SOL from 1 July 2016 onwards. They include the following:
- 262111 – Database Administrator
- 262112 – ICT Security Specialist
- 262113 – Systems Administrator
- 263211 – ICT Quality Assurance Engineer
- 263212 – ICT Support Engineer
- 263213 – ICT Systems Test Engineer
- 263299 – ICT Support and Test Engineer NEC
- 261212 – Web Developer
- 261211 – Multimedia Specialist
- 261399 – Software and Application Programmer
Currently some of the occupations above have opportunities for state/territory nominated visas. Whilst for others – namely Web Developer & Multimedia Specialist – there are no visa options outside state/territory nominated visas.
If you are an IT professional and you would like to look at your POTENTIAL opportunities for Skilled migration, either now or in the coming months please get in touch.